6 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes out of Your Yard
We all love a Minnesota summer… but not the mosquitoes that come with it. The time has come for mosquitoes to make their way into your yard. What can you do to help get rid of them? Here are eight ways to help decrease the chances that mosquitoes will invade your summer.
- Reduce stagnant water. Mosquitos lay eggs in stagnant, non-chlorinated water. Drain any stagnant water you find to help reduce the population of mosquitoes in your area.
- Invest in a tent. For a touch of glamor and a way to keep mosquitoes and flies out, set up a tent in your backyard where you’ll be eating or relaxing.
- Repellant candles. Citronella candles help repel insects and create the perfect ambiance!
- Let your garden do the work. Plants like marigolds and calendula help repel mosquitoes, while herbs like rosemary, mint, and lemongrass can also keep biting insects away.
- Change your lighting. Certain lights can attract bugs, so opt for yellow lights instead of your traditional white bulbs.
- Professional mosquito control. If you are searching for a longer-lasting, broad control of mosquitos we suggest calling a professional.
Before calling we suggest determining what your needs are. Do you want protection for a special event you’re having or would you like to have mosquito relief all summer long?
Few things are worse than a swarm of mosquitoes at an outdoor event. A one-time service may be the perfect fit for your yard if you are looking for short-term coverage. If you and your family are outdoors multiple times a week a seasonal service would be a better fit.
At Northern Roots Lawn Care, our seasonal service starts as soon as mosquitos appear and will continue throughout the summer and fall. Our applicators focus on areas of your property where mosquitoes are most likely to feed and live. The mosquito control solution lasts for up to 21 days and eliminates mosquitos and other nuisance insects, such as fleas, ticks, and some flies.
Our Minnesota summers are short, don’t waste time inside waiting for the mosquitoes to subside. Use the DIY mosquito control methods mentioned above and have a mosquito service in place so you don’t let the pesky insects ruin your summer activities. Give Northern Roots Lawn Care a call at 763-777-4233 for a free estimate or visit us online here.